Our course, which is aimed at beginners and intermediate users, aims to give participants the knowledge and skills to use the Bat Explorer software to analyse bat survey recordings and present their findings of surveys using the Batlogger or other bat detectors.
This course which requires only a very basic knowledge of bats and bat ecology, and the identification features illustrated will apply to a range of different software.
This course will provide an introduction to both BatExplorer and how they can be used to analyse bat recordings. Specific areas covered are:
- Set up and customisation of the software;
- Downloading data;
- Viewing, reviewing and moving through files;
- Managing, marking and manipulating files;
- Tools to aid species ID; and
- Species Identification – An introduction to species identification. Based around recordings of multiple UK bat species, we will look at the tools we have to identify bats and some of the pitfalls.
- The course will cost £40.00 per person.
- The course runs from 10.00am until 1.00pm.
- The course will take take place via zoom.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
All software, files and handouts will be supplied. A mouse is also highly recommended.
Please note that as far as we are aware this is software cannot be used on a Apple computer and is only compatible with windows computers.