We are always interested to hear from qualified, experienced and highly motivated ecologists who would like to join our team.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
- Principal Ecologist (£36-45k, dependent on experience)
- Senior Ecologist (£31k-£35k, dependent on experience);
- Consultant Ecologists (£25-30k, dependent on experience); and
- Assistant Ecologists (£20,319 -£24k, dependent on experience).
Both full time and part time roles are possible. We are primarily home-based with 1 to 2 days per week office working with bases in Cardiff and Bristol. Other locations could also be possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!
During the survey season (April/May to September) we have opportunities for the following roles:
- Casual Bat Surveyors During May – September 2023
- Ecological summer internships (ideal for current students)
At Acer Ecology Ltd, we want to attract and keep the best people we can, which is why we offer all of our staff a highly desirable package, which includes:
- Flexi and remote working options, including working around child/family care responsibilities or health conditions
- Time of in lieu (TOIL) accrual and rest policy
- Average of no more than 2 ‘anti-social’ hours surveys per week where possible
- Restricted dusk surveys for consultant, senior and principal ecologists
- 28 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays), +1 day for your birthday and +4 days for Christmas
- Holiday accrual scheme for employees of more than 3, 5 and 10 years’ service
- Salary: as above, commensurate with experience and capability matrix
- Company pension scheme, with enhancement options
- Expenses advances and instant BACs for large expense sums
- Provision of all required PPE and other essential kit and materials
Personal and Workplace Wellbeing
- Work wellbeing action plans and monthly wellbeing check-ins
- Workplace assessments (risk assessments, Display Screen Equipment assessments)
- Enforced lunch breaks and fresh air breaks (company of office dog, Peggy optional)
We do not currently operate an employee assistance program or private healthcare, with family cover option or occupational health referals but these are things that we are looking into.
- TOIL for attending Glamorgan, Monmouthshire or Somerset Rare Plant group events, local bat, amphibian or dormouse events or other wildlife-related events
- In-house and collaborative learning opportunities
- Management training
- Personalised career path planning
- Varied work portfolio
- Relaxed working environment
- Christmas meal and staff social events
- Free access to tea and coffee whilst in office
At Acer Ecology Ltd we want to provide assurance that you can progress your career with us. We will support you in setting objectives that align with your career aspirations and those of the company. We pledge to help you to develop the right skills, knowledge and attributes you may need to progress.
As such, we have developed a career progression framework that openly:
- defines the roles across our company;
- shows which roles you can work towards; and
- outlines what you must do to progress.
It is fully transparent, allowing you to understand not only what is expected for your next promotion, but the promotion after that too – plus the salary range associated with each post.
For more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 029 2065 0331.
No recruitment agencies, please.