No further bookings are being taken. Due to COVID 19, the course is unlikely to take place, and we are therefore no longer taking bookings. The course may be rescheduled depending upon the situation. Anybody who has booked onto the course please get in touch if you would like your course fees to be refunded.
Our Phase 1 habitat survey course, aimed at beginners and those looking for a refresher course, will introduce participants to the Phase 1 Survey methodology and the classification categories, followed by a field-trip session where you can put your newly learned skills into practice.
Please note that the focus of this course is on survey methodology, rather than plant identification.
The course will begin with an indoor morning session covering key indicator plant species for a range of habitats and then introduce learners on how to classify habitats according to the Phase 1 methodology.
The afternoon will provide an outdoor session, where we will put into practice the Phase 1 methodology and undertake four different mapping exercises of local sites.
- The course will run from 10.00am to 4.30pm.
- The course costs £75.00 per person inclusive of VAT.
- Please bring your own packed lunch.
- The course will be partly field-based, so please wear appropriate footwear and clothing.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
- The course will run in/near Cardiff, South Wales, although the venue will shortly be confirmed.