Phase 1 Habitat Survey Course with Four Zoom Sessions on the Evenings of 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd September 2021
We will be re-running our ever popular Phase 1 Habitat Survey course. This will introduce participants to the Phase 1 methodology to classify habitats. In 2021 this course will be run as a combination of the following:
- Series of pre-recorded videos
- Training material delivered by zoom
- Discussion sessions held by zoom
- Self-organised phase 1 habitat survey of site local to the participant
- Provision of a phase 1 habitat template report for you to edit into and complete a phase 1 or Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA) report.
The course content will include the following elements:
- Introduction to phase 1 habitat survey
- Phase 1 habitats
- Terrestrial invasive plant species
- In-depth look at indicator species of a range of common habitats (trees, grasslands, woodlands, ruderal, and ephemeral and short perennial habitats)
- Protected species surveys undertaken as part of Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEAs)
- Phase 1 reporting
- Phase 1 mapping using QGIS
The zoom sessions will take place on the evenings of 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd September 2021 commencing at 7.00pm on each evening.
The course will cost £50.00 inclusive of VAT.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.