Our AnalookW and Anabat Insight one-day training course, which is aimed at beginners and intermediate users, aims to give participants the knowledge and skills to use Titley Scientific’s analysis software including AnalookW and Anabat Insight to analyse bat survey recordings and present the findings of surveys using the Anabat Express, Swift, Scout or Walkabout bat detectors.
The course requires only a very basic knowledge of bats and bat ecology. Identification features of bat calls illustrated during this course also will apply to a range of different software.
- The Anabat Express – A brief introduction to the Anabat Express and how to use it, with a few tips and thoughts for efficient use (including using Anabat Toolbox).
- AnalookW and Anabat Insight Software – An introduction to the software that is used to analyse Anabat recordings. Specific areas covered are:
- Set up and customisation of the software.
- Downloading data, including GPS referenced files.
- Viewing, reviewing and moving through files.
- Managing, marking and manipulating files.
- Tools to aid species identification
- Species Identification – An introduction to species identification. Based around recordings of a dozen or so species, we look at the software tools to identify bats, some of the pitfalls and how we can report our findings.
- The course will cost £100.00 per person inclusive of VAT.
- The course runs from 10.00am until 4.00pm.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
- The course will be entirely office-based, held in our office in Penarth, near Cardiff, South Wales.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
Participants will need access to a WiFi enabled laptop, as around 75% of the course is hands-on, using the software in real time, but all software, files and handouts will be supplied. In the event that you do not have access to your own laptop, we have a few spare ones which can be used. A mouse is also highly recommended.