An Introduction to the Anabat Express and Analook Software April 25th 2019
This course, which is aimed at beginners and intermediate users, aims to give participants the knowledge and skills to use the Analook software to analyse recordings and present the findings of automated surveys using the Anabat Express bat detector.
The course requires only a very basic knowledge of bats and bat ecology will look, briefly, at the Anabat Express itself, and then move on to the main part of the course, using the Analook software to manipulate recordings, identify species and analyse our findings. Identification features illustrated will apply to a range of different software.
- The Anabat Express – A brief introduction to the Anabat Express and how to use it, with a few tips and thoughts for efficient use.
- Analook Software – An introduction to the software that we use to analyse Anabat recordings. Specific areas covered are:
- Set up and customisation of the software.
- Downloading data, including GPS referenced files.
- Viewing, reviewing and moving through files.
- Managing, marking and manipulating files.
- Tools to aid species ID
- Species Identification – An introduction to species ID using Analook. Based around recordings of a dozen or so species, we look at the tools we have to identify bats, some of the pitfalls and how we can report our findings.
- The course will cost £40.00 per person inclusive of VAT.
- The course runs from 6.00pm until 9.00 pm with a break for tea and coffee.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
- The course will be entirely office-based, held in our office in Cardiff Bay.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
Participants will need access to a Wi-Fi enabled laptop, as around 75% of the course is hands-on, using the software in real time, but all software, files and handouts will be supplied. In the event that you do not have access to your own laptop, we have a few spare ones which can be used. A mouse is also highly recommended.
Contact us on 029 2065 0331 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to enrol. Please click below to see our other upcoming courses.