Winter is seen as a time of year when little useful field botany can be done, but that is not the case with deciduous broad-leaved trees and shrubs. Once the leaves have fallen they are in many ways easier to identify.
Our one-day winter tree identification course aims to introduce you to the key characteristics used in the identification of deciduous trees and shrubs. Emphasis will be placed on key characteristics to distinguish each species from similar looking ones.
This course is aimed at the keen beginner and skills enhancer alike, and provides an introduction to winter tree identification. Participants are welcome to bring along any ‘mystery specimens’. The course will involve both an indoor and outdoor session.
- The course costs £30.00 per person, inclusive of VAT.
- The course will be held at our offices in Penarth, near Cardiff, South Wales, with fieldwork held at Cosmeston Lakes.
- The course will run from 10.00am to 3.00pm.
- Please bring your own packed lunch.
- The course will be partly field-based, so please wear appropriate footwear and clothing.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.