We are looking for a bat specialist to join our team in Cardiff, South Wales. We are a friendly consultancy with an office dog and around 12 staff that specialise in small scale bat projects. We run a lot of training courses that are available to all staff and will provide regular in-house training events.
You should have a significant level of bat survey experience and have experience of preparing Natural Resources Wales (NRW) and Natural England (NE) bat licence applications and acting as the licensed ecologist on a range of different schemes. You will also have experience of leading bat survey teams, undertaking bat sound analysis, providing guidance to more junior team members and undertaking dusk emergence and dawn re-entry surveys.
Work Area: Local work favoured. Mainly within 1-2 hours travel radius of Cardiff and Bristol.
Roles & responsibilities
- Work independently and undertake ecology related fieldwork.
- Production and submission of EPS licence applications.
- On-site works e.g. soft strip supervision for bats.
- Carry out data searches, f
ieldsurveys (primarily bats and protected species)
- Undertaking bat surveys & writing bat survey reports.
- Liaise with clients, and other organisations to promote strong working relationships and effective communication.
- Managing small scale projects.
- NRW bat licence (with handling endorsement) and/or NE bat licence (class licence CL18 level 2).
- Experience of writing and submitting successful EPS applications to NRW and/or NE.
- Experience in the design and implementation of mitigation works.
- An ecological degree or related subject.
- Experience in environmental consultancy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, field skills, report writing and communication skills.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Must be physically fit and flexible on working hours, as there will be some evening and night work.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Access to your own car, insured for business use.
If interested in this role, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com or for further info, call us on 029 2065 0331.