Winter Tree Identification Course – 9th December 2018
This one-day winter tree identification course aims to introduce you to the key characters used in the identification of deciduous trees and shrubs. Emphasis will be placed on key characters to distinguish each species from similar looking trees.
This course is aimed at the keen beginner and skills enhancer alike and provides an introduction to winter tree identification. Participants are welcome to bring along any ‘mystery specimens’. The course will involve both an indoor and outdoor sessions.
Winter is seen as a time of year when little useful field botany can be done, but that is not the case with deciduous broad-leaved trees and shrubs. Once the leaves have fallen they are in many ways easier to identify.
- The course costs £15 per person.
- Please bring your own packed lunch.
- The course will be partly field based and so please wear appropriate footwear and clothing.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
- The course will run from 10.00am to 3.00pm
- The course will involve both an indoor and outdoor sessions and will be taught by Acer Ecology staff and will be held at Acer Ecology’s office in Cardiff Bay.
Contact us on 029 2065 0331 or email@example.com to find out dates of our courses and how to enrol.
Please click on the button below to see our other upcoming courses.