Barn Owl Course: Ecology, Survey Methods and Mitigation Course – June 17th 2018
The barn owl course will provide an introduction to the ecology, conservation value and legislation affecting barn owls. The course will review data sources and limitations, survey methodologies and survey protocols. The course will include a field session which will look at roost features in buildings and in trees and will enable participants to experience different types of nest sites.
- The course will take place in Keysham, Somerset.
- £75 per person.
Course content includes:
- Barn owl ecology and signs.
- An understanding of how to define different roosts of barn owls and active nest sites
- A full understanding of the legal considerations, and licensing requirements
- Correct survey and search techniques.
- Planning and mitigation for Barn Owls
- Barn owl habitat assessment and management
The course will be delivered by local naturalist Ed Drewitt and will take place in Keysham, near Bath. The cost is £75.00.
Ed delivers many survey and bird training courses for the BTO and wildlife trust across the UK. He is a naturalist, author, broadcaster, tour leader, birder, photographer, public speaker, bird ringer, zoologist and feather expert.
Contact us on 029 2065 0331 or email@example.com to book or find out further information.
Please click on the button below to see our other courses.