This course which runs over two evenings introduces the use of QGIS (an Open Source Geographic Information System (GIS)) and will explain how QGIS software can be used to undertake a range of ecological mapping functions.
By the end of the course, you should be able to draw a Phase 1 habitat map using QGIS software and use QGIS to undertake a range of other mapping tasks.
The course will include the following elements:
- Initial Setup of QGIS;
- Raster and Vector Files;
- Main Controls;
- Drawing Polgons, Line and Point Files;
- Phase 1 Pallete & Categorised Styling;
- Importing data; and
- Using Print Composer.
- The course will cost £50.00 per person inclusive of VAT.
- The course runs from 6 pm until 8pm on each evening.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
It is advisable to use QGIS with a mouse.