Our one-day course introduces the use of QGIS (an Open Source Geographic Information System (GIS)) and will explain how QGIS software can be used to undertake a range of ecological mapping functions.
By the end of the course, you should be able to draw a Phase 1 habitat map using QGIS software and use QGIS to undertake a range of other mapping tasks.
The course will include the following elements:
- Initial Setup of QGIS;
- Raster and Vector Files;
- Main Controls;
- Drawing Polgons, Line and Point Files;
- Phase 1 Pallete & Categorised Styling;
- Importing data; and
- Using Print Composer.
- The course will cost £100.00 per person inclusive of VAT.
- The course runs from 10:00am until 16:00pm.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
- The course will be held at our offices in Penarth, near Cardiff, South Wales.
If possible, please could you bring a WiFi enabled laptop and mouse to the course.