We have an opportunity for a qualified graduate with relevant work experience, preferably in consultancy, to develop their career and to fulfil their potential. The successful candidate will undertake challenging and interesting project work within a professional and friendly team environment. The position will commence in April 2021 and will initially run until the end of September 2021.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Undertake ecology related fieldwork at sites throughout South and West Wales and South West England.
- Carry out data searches, field surveys, analysis and evaluation of results, bat call analysis, and creating GIS maps.
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Access to your own car, insured for business use.
- Strong interest in natural history.
- Commitment to a career in ecological consultancy.
- Ability to produce concise, high quality, written reports.
- Demonstrable interest/knowledge of ecology (e.g. newts, bats, botany etc.) which could have been achieved by self-learning, attendance of short training courses related to ecology or through membership of natural history groups/societies.
- A degree in a relevant discipline, preferably at 2:1 or higher.
- Strong report-writing skills.
- Previous experience in ecological consultancy or a closely related field.
- Experience of undertaking bat sound analysis (Analook and/or Batexplorer).
- Experience of using QGIS.
- Experience of undertaking protected species surveys.
- Strong botanical identification skills.
- Understanding of Natural Resources Wales (or another statutory body) licensing procedures.
- Awareness of planning and wildlife legislation.
- Protected species licence(s) or logbook detailing significant steps taken towards achieving licences.
- Be prepared to work throughout South and West Wales as required.
- Flexible on working hours, as there will be a significant amount of evening and night work.
- The role will probably be substantially home-based due to ongoing COVID restrictions. Ideally, the suitable candidate will be based close to our Bristol or Cardiff bases.
April to September inclusive.
5 days a week, 37.5 hours a week.
For more information on the role contact us on 029 2065 0331. To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org