Extended Phase 1 Habitat Survey Worcester
Acer Ecology’s licensed ecologists undertake extended Phase 1 habitat Surveys (Preliminary Ecological Appraisals) in and around the Worcester area, including the surrounding areas of Worcester, including Powick, Hallow, Droitwich Spa, Kempsey, Suckley, Welland, Upton upon Severn, Eckington, Pershore, Pinvin, Inkberrow and Stoke Prior.
We also serve the surrounding counties of Warwickshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire and West Midlands. We are able to provide a competitive quote to potential clients on a case by case basis.
The survey is based on standard Phase 1 habitat survey methodology whereby colour coded habitat maps are drawn up showing the extent and distribution of the different habitat types present on a site.
A data trawl is usually undertaken in conjunction with the survey, whereby information about the site and its context are obtained from organisations such as Local Biodiversity Records Centres. This includes information on protected and Biodiversity Action Plan priority species and the presence of nearby statutory protected areas.
The survey identifies habitats and features on the site that may constrain development and evaluates the potential of these habitats to support protected species. If the site is assessed as having low wildlife interest, then no further survey may be needed. If necessary, clients are advised to undertake more detailed specialist studies.
Alternative names for Preliminary Ecological Appraisal are Extended Phase 1 Habitat Survey are a Preliminary Ecological Appraisal, a Baseline ecological survey, Phase 1 Survey, Ecological Constraints Survey, Ecological Site Assessment, Ecological Site Appraisal, Ecological Scoping Survey and Ecological Site Walkover Survey.
The range of ecological services provided includes:
- Preliminary ecological appraisals (Extended Phase 1 habitat surveys)
- Acting as Suitably Qualified Ecologists (SQE) in Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM Ecology Assessments
- Protected species surveys (plants, bats, badgers, great crested newt, otter, water vole, birds, reptiles, invertebrates, white-clawed crayfish etc.)
- European protected species licence applications
- Specialist vegetation surveys
- Tree surveys (BS5837)
- Landscape architecture and design
- Ecological Impact Assessments(EcIA)
- Habitat creation and management plans
- GIS capabilities
- On-site works including ecological clerk of works, species translocation, watching briefs, supervision of contractors and tool box talks
For more information about any of the ecological services that we provide, please call us on 02920 650331, or email us at email@example.com.