Acer Ecology recently carried out an extended Phase 1 habitat survey at a plot of land that was proposed for residential development near Priddy. Several derelict buildings were present on site, along with a fairly large area of rank grassland and scrub. We carried out bat roost assessments of the buildings and assessed the grassland has the potential to support reptiles. Identifying these ecological considerations at an early stage meant that our client was able to plan ahead to avoid potentially timely and costly delays further along the planning process.
We are well placed to undertake ecology surveys in Priddy and the surrounding areas, including Green Ore, Blagdon, Cheddar, West Harptree, Axbridge and Ston Easton. We also have the capacity to serve the surrounding counties of Somerset.
We provide a range of ecology services including:
- Preliminary ecological appraisals (Extended Phase 1 habitat surveys)
- Acting as Suitably Qualified Ecologists (SQE) in Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM Ecology Assessments
- Protected species surveys (plants, bats, badgers, great crested newt, otter, water vole, birds, reptiles, invertebrates, white-clawed crayfish etc.)
- European protected species licence applications
- Specialist vegetation surveys
- Tree surveys (BS5837)
- Landscape architecture and design
- Ecological Impact Assessments(EcIA)
- Habitat creation and management plans
- GIS capabilities
- On-site works including ecological clerk of works, species translocation, watching briefs, supervision of contractors and tool box talks
For more information about any of the ecological services that we provide, please call us on 02920 650 331, or email us at email@example.com.