Seasonal Ecologist Job
We have an opportunity for a qualified graduate with relevant work experience, preferably in consultancy, to develop their career and to fulfil their potential. The successful candidate will undertake challenging and interesting project work within a professional and friendly team environment. The position will commence in April 2019 and will initially run until the end of September 2019. The role will be based in our office in Cardiff Bay.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Undertake ecology related fieldwork at sites throughout South and West Wales and South West England.
- Carry out data searches, field surveys, analysis and evaluation of results, bat call analysis, and creating GIS maps.
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- A degree in a relevant discipline, preferably at 2:1 or higher.
- A full UK driving license.
- Access to your own car, insured for business use.
- Strong interest in natural history.
- Commitment to a career in ecological consultancy. Phase 1/preliminary ecological appraisal.
- Ability to produce concise, high quality, written reports.
- Past attendance at short training courses related to ecology (e.g. newts, bats botany etc.) or strong interest in natural history.
- Previous experience in ecological consultancy or a closely related field.
- Experience of undertaking bat sound analysis (Analook and/or Batexplorer).
- Experience of using QGIS.
- Experience of undertaking protected species surveys.
- Strong botanical identification skills.
- Understanding of Natural Resources Wales (or another statutory body) licensing procedures.
- Awareness of planning and wildlife legislation.
- Protected species licence(s).
- Be prepared to work throughout South and West Wales as required.
- Flexible on working hours, as there will be a significant amount of evening and night work.
May to September inclusive.
5 days a week, 37.5 hours a week.
For more information on the role contact us on 029 2065 0331. To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com