Effective and sustainable management of watercourses and waterbodies requires expert knowledge of these delicate ecosystems. We offer a number of aquatic ecology services in this field. Our team have specialist skills in the survey, assessment and remediation of freshwater habitats. Our key areas of expertise include:
- White-Clawed Crayfish surveys;
- Freshwater Pearl Mussel surveys;
- Water vole and Otter surveys;
- Riparian corridor health surveys;
- Aquatic plant surveys;
- Invasive species surveys;
- Water framework directive assessment and monitoring;
- Aquatic macroinvertebrate sampling, analysis and interpretation;
- Sustainable drainage systems (SUDS);
- Flood risk assessment and flood consequence assessments;
- Toolbox talks and site supervision (Aquatic Clerk of Works (ACoW); and
- Community Engagement Projects.
We provide a scientific, evidence-based pragmatic approach to development related projects. We have been involved in schemes involving the survey and impact assessments for hydro-schemes, abstraction licensing, review of consents and biological and ecological water quality monitoring. Our clients include developers, industries, regulatory and conservation agencies.
For more information on our services please contact us on 029 2065 0331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.