Acer Ecology is a leading ecological consultancy with offices in Cardiff and Bridgend, South Wales. Our ecologists are members of the Chartered Institute for Ecological and Environmental Management (IEEM), the professional body for ecological consultants. All surveys are carried out by fully insured, experienced ecologists holding the relevant licences issued by Natural Resources Wales or Natural England.
The range of ecological services provided includes:
- Preliminary ecological appraisals (Extended Phase 1 habitat surveys)
- Acting as Suitably Qualified Ecologists (SQE) in Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM Ecology Assessments
- Protected species surveys (plants, bats, badgers, great crested newt, otter, water vole, birds, reptiles, invertebrates, white-clawed crayfish etc.)
- European protected species licence applications
- Specialist vegetation surveys
- Tree surveys (BS5837)
- Landscape architecture and design
- Ecological Impact Assessments(EcIA)
- Habitat creation and management plans
- GIS capabilities
- On-site works including ecological clerk of works, species translocation, watching briefs, supervision of contractors and tool box talks
- Training Course Provision
- Environmental Education and Interpretation
For more information about our ecological services call us on 029 2041 0036.