The course will focus on the behaviour of a maternity colony throughout the roosting season. Emergence behaviour of whiskered bats in relation to humidity and temperature changes within the roost will be discussed, as well as the changes the colony experiences after the parturition period. A dietary analysis will also be presented and changes throughout the summer. A review of the relevant literature on whiskered bats will be made and an open discussion will be encouraged afterwards.
The course will be run by one of our top bat ecologists Lea Likozar who has studied whiskered bats in Slovenia. The course will based on her knowledge and her thesis: ‘Ecology of Whiskered Bat Maternity Group in St. Jost Church Above Kranj’.
This course will cover:
- Emergence Behaviour
- Colony Experiences
- Dietary Analysis
- Review of Literature
- An open discussion will be included at the end.
- The course costs £5 per person inclusive of VAT.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
- The course will run from 6pm to 7.30pm.
- The course will be held at Acer Ecology’s office in Cardiff Bay.
Contact us on 029 2065 0331 or email@example.com for more information or to enrol.
Please click below to see our other upcoming courses.