BatExplorer and Batlogger Training Course 18th July 2018
This course, which is aimed at beginners and intermediate users, and aims to give participants the knowledge and skills to use the Bat Explorer software to analyse recordings and present the findings of surveys using the Batlogger bat detector.
The course requires only a very basic knowledge of bats and bat ecology, and after looking, briefly, at the Batlogger itself, we then move on to the main part of the course, using the BatExplorer software to manipulate recordings, identify species and analyse our findings.The identification features illustrated will apply to a range of different software.
- The Batlogger – A brief introduction to the Batlogger M and how to use it, with a few tips and thoughts for efficient use.
- BatExplorer Software – An introduction to the software that we use to analyse BatExplorerrecordings. Specific areas covered are:
– Set up and customisation of the software
– Downloading data,
– Viewing, reviewing and moving through files,
– Managing, marking and manipulating files,
– Tools to aid species ID
- Species Identification – An introduction to species ID using BatExplorer. Based around recordings of multiple UK bat species, we look at the tools we have to identify bats, some of the
pitfalls and how we can report our findings.
The course will be delivered by BatExplorer expert Erika Dahlbergn and will be entirely office based, held in our office in Cardiff Bay.
- The course will cost £40.00 per person.
- The course runs from 6.00pm until 9.30 pm.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
Participants will need access to a wi-fi enabled laptop, as around 75% of the course is hands on, using the software in real time, but all software, files and handouts will be supplied. In the event that you do not have access to your own laptop we have a few spare ones which can be used. A mouse is also highly recommended.
Contact us on 029 2065 0331 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to enrol. Please click below to see our other upcoming courses.