Senior/Principal Ecologist (Bat Specialist) Job
We are looking for a bat specialist to join our team in South Wales, at either senior ecologist or principal ecologist level. You should have a significant level of bat survey experience and have experience of preparing Natural Resources Wales (NRW) and Natural England (NE) bat licence applications and acting as the licensed ecologist on a range of different schemes covering a range of different species including horseshoes. You will also have experience of planning and co-ordination bat survey teams, undertaking bat sound analysis, providing guidance to more junior team members and undertaking dusk emergence and dawn re-entry surveys..
- NRW Bat licence (with handling endorsement) and England bat licence (class licence CL18 level 2 or above);
- Experience in acting as the named ecologist on European Protected Species development licences for a range of bat species;
- Experienced report writer who applies attention to detail;
- Experience of leading bat surveys;
- Proficient in bat sound analysis; and
- Experience in mentoring and providing guidance to more junior team members.
- A full UK driving license; and
- Access to your own car, insured for business use.
- An appropriate ecological degree qualification, ideally with emphasis on zoology or ecology;
- Experience of bat care or other handling experience (harp trapping & mist netting) or undertaking bat box checks;
- Experience of leading bat survey training courses;
- Experience with other species groups would be an advantage; and
- Must be physically fit and be willing and able to able to work in all weather conditions necessary to carry out collection of data;
- Be prepared to work throughout South Wales and South West England as required;
Salary will be dependent upon experience.
For more information on the role contact us on 029 2065 0331. To apply please send a cv, covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org