Senior/Principal Ecologist (Bat Specialist) Job
We are looking for a bat specialist to join our team in South Wales, at either senior ecologist or principal ecologist level. You should have a significant level of bat survey experience and have experience of preparing Natural Resources Wales (NRW) and Natural England (NE) bat licence applications and acting as the licensed ecologist on a range of different schemes covering a range of different species including horseshoes. You will also have experience of planning and co-ordination bat survey teams, undertaking bat sound analysis, providing guidance to more junior team members and undertaking dusk emergence and dawn re-entry surveys..
- NRW Bat licence (with handling endorsement) and England bat licence (class licence CL18 level 2 or above);
- Experience in acting as the named ecologist on European Protected Species development licences for a range of bat species;
- Experienced report writer who applies attention to detail;
- Experience of leading bat surveys;
- Proficient in bat sound analysis; and
- Experience in mentoring and providing guidance to more junior team members.
- An appropriate ecological degree qualification, ideally with emphasis on zoology or ecology;
- Experience of bat care or other handling experience (harp trapping & mist netting) or undertaking bat box checks;
- Experience of leading bat survey training courses;
- Experience with other species groups would be an advantage; and
- Must be physically fit and be willing and able to able to work in all weather conditions necessary to carry out collection of data;
- Be prepared to work throughout South Wales and South West England as required;
- A full UK driving license; and
- Access to your own car, insured for business use.
Salary will be dependent upon experience.
For more information on the role contact us on 029 2065 0331. To apply please send a cv, covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org