This course has already taken place. We have another full day course on anabat planned for the 14th April 2018.
Bat Sound Analysis Course – April 26th 2017
This evening course is designed for professional or amateur bat surveyors who would like to learn how to undertake evening bat survey and improve their bat call analysis skills. The course will cover the following topics: how to undertake evening bat surveys, how bats use sound, an introduction to bat sound analysis software (analook, bat sound and batexplorer) but mainly focusing on using analook, recognising typical UK bat sound sonograms and building a call library. The course will be run by Acer Ecology staff.
The evening course will cover the following topics:
– How bats use sound
– Sound science – wave length, frequency and amplitude
– Different types of equipment available to record bat sounds
– Introduction to bat sound analysis software
– Recognising typical UK bat species sonograms
– An introduction to using sound analysis software including analook, bat sound, batexplorer and kaleidoscope
– Workshop using different sound analysis software
– Species specific case studies
- The course costs £15.00 per person inclusive of VAT.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
- The evening course will be partly field based and so please wear appropriate footwear and clothing. This will involve a survey of a local bat roost, during which we will collect data which can be subsequently analysed during the daytime course.
- All attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
- If possible please could you bring a wi-fi enabled laptop to the daytime course.
- The evening course will run between 6.00pm until 9.00pm.
Contact us on 029 2065 0331 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out dates of our courses and how to enrol. Alternatively, click on the button below.Booking Form