We are looking for a bat specialist to join our team in Cardiff, South Wales. We are a friendly consultancy with an office dog with 8 full time and 4 seasonal staff that specialise in small scale bat projects. We run a lot of training courses that are available to all staff and will provide regular in-house training events.
You should ideally have a significant level of bat survey experience and have experience of preparing Natural Resources Wales (NRW) and Natural England (NE) bat licence applications as the Named/Appointed Ecologist. You will also have experience of leading bat survey teams, bat sound analysis, providing guidance to more junior team members and undertaking dusk emergence and dawn re-entry surveys.
Work Area: Local work favoured. Mainly within 1-2 hours travel radius of Cardiff and Bristol.
Roles & responsibilities
- Work independently and undertake ecology related fieldwork.
- Production and submission of EPS licence applications.
- On-site works e.g. soft strip supervision for bats.
- Undertaking bat surveys & writing bat survey reports.
- Liaise with clients, and other organisations to promote strong working relationships and effective communication.
- Managing small scale projects.
- NRW bat licence (with handling endorsement) and/or NE bat licence (Class Licence CL18 Level 2).
- Experience of writing and submitting EPS applications to NRW and/or NE as the Named/Appointed Ecologist.
- Experience in the design and implementation of mitigation works.
- An ecological degree or related subject.
- Experience in environmental consultancy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, field skills, report writing and communication skills.
- Holding other NRW and NE protected species licences.
- NE bat low impact licence
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Must be physically fit and flexible on working hours, as there will be some evening and night work.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Access to your own car, insured for business use.
Pay £25,000-30,000 per annum depending on experience. Interviews will be held during March 2019.